Currently Recruiting for
- Saturday School German Language Teacher
Please see below for more details.
Who we are
DSK International (DSKI) is a German school abroad and an IB World School for children ages 2 to 14. At DSKI, we provide an exceptional, innovative education anchored by our German heritage and recognized for embracing the rich diversity in our learners and our world. We approach education holistically in order to ensure that students learn using their heads, their hearts and their hands. The school curriculum is based on the Primary Years Programme (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate Organisation and the Thüringen Curriculum.
We foster learning through:
- Student centred learning – Inquiry based learning
- Excellent Education
- Multilingual Education – (English, Japanese, German)
- Holistic Learning Approach
Saturday School German Language Teacher
Employment Period: September 2018 – June 2019
The Saturday school of Deutsche Schule Kobe International is a Saturday morning school open to children with an English, German and French speaking background. The German Program is designed to meet the demand from parents for a German program structured to the specific needs of children who desire to master the German language or to improve and enhance their German language skills.
As a Saturday School Teacher, you will:
- Teach one of our German language classes
- Prepare and develop your own daily lesson plans
- Supervise and teach children during working hours
- Provide feedback and evaluation of student’s progress
- 30 Saturdays throughout the school year - (exact dates can be found on the Saturday School page)
- Teaching Hours: 9:00-12:00
- Working Hours: 8:15 – 12:15
You will possess the following requirements:
- Experience working with children (5-15 years of age) a must
- Experience with primary classroom management an asset
- Background in ESL and/or related field a must
- Experience with multi-level children in classes a must
- Relevant teaching experience of at least 2 years a must
- Bachelor degree, Teaching degree or qualification or language instruction certificate an asset
- Native German speaker a must
- Submit resume with your photo, cover letter and one reference to: Cecil at email@example.com
- We thank all applicants for applying! Please understand that we will contact only shortlisted candidates for an interview.