Perfectly in line with the warmer weather and change in season, Preschool began to inquire about life-cycles and where better a place to start than their own life-cycles. During Show&Tell, students had the chance to see how much they have grown since they were babies! A lot of good thoughts and points were made:
- When you’re born, you can only move a little. You also can’t eat much so mummy has to feed you.
- Babies cannot go to the toilet, mummy and daddy have to change their diapers.
- When you grow, teeth get stronger.
- We have to look after our brothers and sisters.
- You grow and grow as a baby, drink milk from your mum and then go to school.
- Kids grow until they become adults but then they become smaller when they’re old, and then go to heaven.
From humans, Preschool moved on to learning all about the butterfly life-cycle. They read informative books about the life-cycle, practised their writing by writing about the different steps, played games to reinforce their knowledge and got creative in art. Learning all about the life-cycle of the butterfly was a lot of fun for sure!
The frog life cycle has proved to be just as fun as the butterfly life cycle, with Preschool learning all about how frogs develop starting from eggs. They practised their reading and made their own frog life cycles out of clay all to become more familiar with the frog life cycle. However, the fun did not stop there, to become real experts Preschool became tadpoles and frogs. The classroom was full of frogs, hopping and croaking away! They even brought home edible frogs!
To find out about the Preschool’s fun trip to Oji Zoo and more learning adventures visit Preschool’s Class Blog