Tentative Vacancies for Classroom Teachers
Deutsche Schule Kobe/European School is seeking to employ qualified and experienced primary school teachers (native level of English proficiency required) to start in September 2017.
The candidate must be qualified to teach in primary school and ideally have a minimum of two years’ teaching experience (IB PYP an asset). We are looking for a candidate with a warm and caring disposition as well as an ability to connect with children and build a rapport with parents. We expect creativity, commitment and the ability to collaborate with other colleagues. A good knowledge of German and/or Japanese will be an advantage.
Please send a cover letter, CV, 3 references, a statement of your educational philosophy and copies of relevant certificates to the Principal at email@example.com. Applications will close 20th of March, 2017. Short-listed applicants will be contacted via e-mail to arrange a Skype or Face to Face interview if appropriate.
- State Exam, Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited university
- Teaching qualifications for primary school
- Master’s Degree an asset
- Relevant teaching experience an asset (2 years) however newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply.
- PYP teaching experience and professional training in IB workshops are an asset.
- Constructivist or Inquiry Teaching experience outside of the IB.
- Physical Education experience an asset.
Who we are
The Deutsche Schule Kobe/European School (DESK) is a German school abroad and an IB World School for children ages 2 to 14. At DESK, we provide an exceptional, innovative education anchored by our German heritage and recognized for embracing the rich diversity in our learners and our world. We approach education holistically in order to ensure that students learn using their heads, their hearts and their hands. The school curriculum is based on the Primary Years Programme (PYP – http://www.ibo.org/pyp/ ) of the International Baccalaureate Organisation (http://www.ibo.org/) and the Thüringen Curriculum.
We foster learning through:
- Student centred learning – Inquiry based learning
- Excellent Education
- Multilingual Education – (English, Japanese, German)
- Holistic Learning Approach