Primary School Classroom Teachers from Preschool (5 – 6 years) to Grade 6 (11 – 12 years)
Deutsche Schule Kobe/European School seeks to employ qualified and experienced school teachers (native level of English proficiency required) to start in August 2017.
The candidates must be qualified to teach and ideally have a minimum of two years’ teaching experience (IB experience an asset). A good knowledge of German and/or Japanese will be an advantage. We are looking for a candidate with a warm and caring disposition, an aptitude for connecting with children and building a rapport with parents. We expect creativity, commitment and the ability to collaborate with other teachers.
Education and experiences
- State Exam, Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited university
- Teaching qualifications for primary school and possibly above
- Master’s Degree an asset
- Relevant teaching experience an asset (2 years) however newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply.
- PYP teaching experience and professional training in IB workshops are an asset.
Job Description: Job tasks and responsibilities
- Teach all areas of the curriculum, keeping up to date with changes and development;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources and create displays to encourage a positive, learning environment;
- Provide a differentiated learning materials and resources for using relevant technology to support instruction
- Plan, prepare and present lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class (differentiation);
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and agreements of the school;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and maintain accurate and complete records of pupils’ development;
- Provide feedback to parents and carers on a pupil’s progress at parents’ evenings and other meetings;
- Liaise with colleagues and work flexibly;
- Meet with other professionals such as educational psychologists, in order to resolve problems the students may have.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.