Saturday School Coordinator
The Saturday school of Deutsche Schule Kobe/European School is a Saturday morning school open to children with an English, German or French speaking background. This course is designed to meet the demand from parents for an language program structured to the specific needs of children who desire to master their chosen language or to enhance their language skills.
Employment Period: September 2017 – June 2018
Job Description: Job tasks and responsibilities
- Managing registration and administration information for registered families:
- purchasing and managing student materials
- start of school orientation
- maintaining ongoing communication with families
- Administration of staff:
- organisation of teacher resources
- assessment materials
- creating, updating and distributing materials promoting the Saturday School Programme
- Programme coordination:
- ○ Overseeing classes running in English, German and French
- ○ Undergoing curriculum development in all language areas, in cooperation with relevantteaching staff
- General school building duties (during Saturday School hours)
- ○ overseeing the care and safety of staff and students
- ○ taking responsibility for building safety and security
- Regular Saturday School Teaching DutiesWorking Conditions:
- ● 30 Saturdays throughout the school year
- ● Additional coordinating duties outside of Saturday School hours
- ● Saturday Working Hours: 8:15 – 12:15
Subject to negotiation based on qualifications
- Experience teaching with children (5-15 years of age).
- Background in English as a Second Language and/or related field in French or German.
- Experience with multi-level classes.
- Bachelor degree, Teaching degree or language instruction certificate.
- Strong skills in English communication.
- Submit resume and cover letter and one reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview