Grade 3 & 4 have started their final unit on Theatre and Drama. Students were asked to think about the types of performing arts they already know and quite a list was compiled. Students followed up with a research assignment to briefly explain through a Google Slides Presentation some of those on the list we were unsure of and those we could learn more about. These were ballet, opera, street performers, theater plays, comedy, circus, puppets, pantomine, orchestra and Kabuki. It was interesting to note that quite a few of the performing arts came from Italy.
Take our performing arts quiz:
1) What performing arts involves acrobats, magicians, clowns and animals?
2) Charlie Chaplin performs this kind of performing arts. What performing arts is it?
3) Which performing arts is believed to have come from India as far back as 1000 BC?
4) What is the name of the performing art that originally came from Japan and since 1629 only performed by men?
5) A story is acted and told by music (singing), there is no talking dialogue. The performing arts is…?
6) In which performing arts, do the performers wear leotard and special pointe shoes, and sometimes a tutu?
7) A group of instruments performing classical music together is referred to as…?
8) These are performers that play music, do magic, sing or stand like statues on the street to get money. What is the name of this performing arts?
9) What performance was usually related to myth, legend or fairy tale and performed by an actor/actress of the opposite gender?
10) Out of the performing arts researched, name 2 performing arts that originated from Italy. (There are at least 2).
For the answers, ask the Grade 3 & 4 students. Hope you had fun taking the quiz!