DSKI is committed to an equal opportunities employment policy. We do not discriminate against gender, nationality or racial identity and ethnicity and welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds. We do ask that all candidates are willing to undergo background checks before any contract of employment is offered.
To start in August Part Time vacancy, working in the afternoons, five days a week.
Please email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time contract English and German Teachers for Saturday School
Employment Period: September 2023 – June 2024
The Saturday school of Deutsche Schule Kobe International located on Rokko Island in Kobe is a Saturday morning school open to children with an English, German and French speaking background. The courses are designed to meet the demand from parents for language based programs, structured to the specific needs of children who desire to enhance or master their skills in the individual language chosen.
As an Asst. Saturday School Language Teacher, you will assist the main class teacher to:
- Teach English or German language classes.
- Prepare and develop daily lesson plans based on the curriculum.
- Supervise students in your class during working hours.
- Provide feedback and evaluation of the student's progress.
- 30 Saturdays throughout the school year (Exact dates can be found on the DSKI website Saturday School page)
- Teaching Hours: 9:00-12:00
- Working Hours: 8:15 – 12:15
- Transportation covered at cost (i.e. your residence/school/your residence to a maximum of ¥20,000 per month)
- Bonus of ¥52,000 at the end of the contract period (conditions apply)
You will possess the following requirements
- Experience working with children (5-15 years of age)
- Experience with primary classroom management an asset
- Background in ESL and/or related fields.
- Experience with multi-level classes is a must.
- Relevant teaching experience
- Bachelor degree, Teaching degree or language instruction certificate an asset
- Native English speaker is a must
- Proper residence or work visa is a must
- Submit resume and cover letter and two references to: email@example.com
- We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact appropriate chosen candidates for an interview
- We do not provide visas and are looking for those teachers residing in the Kansai area only.